Today I quickly knocked up a little zippered pouch. I’ve made a couple of zippered bags before and always used instructions (which doesn’t necessarily mean I’ve done them right!). Today it was part laziness (sewing equipment downstairs, phone upstairs) and partly the idea that if I figure things out for myself then I’m more likely to understand and remember how to do them. So here is the pouch I made with no instructions!
It didn’t exactly turned out as I’d planned😂. For a start it was meant to have elephants on the outside and paisley on the inside. But the first attempt to sew the zip on went wonky and didn’t catch all the zip edge, and after one lot of unpicking I really couldn’t face a second lot when I realised the paisley was on the outside and the elephants on the inside. Oh well… Both materials are pretty so maybe I’ll mix them up! Now both are represented on the outside and both on the inside. I quite like it though!
The zip edges are not as neat as they could be… I couldn’t remember how/be bothered to cover the ends with fabric. I finished it off with a bit of hand stitching, so there are no unfinished ends at least.
But overall, for a quick project, I’m really pleased with it… It was about 45 minutes from start to finish (including clearing some space on the table to sew!!). It looks pretty, its sturdy, and the zip works, and I got it finished before the football started (what more could you ask for!!). 😊