Beautiful slippers! 

They’re finished! 

I decided to crochet the second slipper properly, making sure the scales were offset this time.  I was worried that once I finished it I might decide to frog the top of slipper one to make it the same so a few days ago I sewed the ends in, added the buttons, and sewed the nonslip  backing  to the soles of both slippers to prevent me from doing that. 

Yesterday and today I have been off sick – getting dizzy and feeling off balance and like I’m gonna throw up every time I’m upright. Yesterday I couldn’t even crochet and spent the day lying flat. Today I’ve managed to prop myself up a little bit with my head resting on cushions so it can’t move, and i managed to crochet the last couple of rows to finish my second slipper. 

I’m pleased I followed  the pattern properly for the second one… I much prefer the scales offset. It makes me confident too that I can make another pair that match for my friend who asked if I could make some for her. That will be an interesting process as I don’t think I’ve ever crocheted the same thing twice before. I’ll make them from a different wool though, which will look a bit more wood nymph than crazy fairy! 

Here are some more pictures of my completed fairy/pixie boots, now keeping my feet cosy as I cwtch up with a blanket and rest on my sofa with a good book. 

Non slip backing – the kind you put under rugs. Hopefully this will stop me from wearing through the wool on the heel

Mis-matching scales but I don’t think they’re too obvious after all

Cute buttons

A mix of things

Hey there. This morning I had no crochet projects on the go and this afternoon  I’ve completed one and started a new one! I went into town to buy wool for a new project that was inspired by craft and other crazy plans. Ok, so not exactly inspired by… I’m shamelessly copying her… Including the colour of wool. Well, I was inspired by her post saying that she had tried the pattern at one stage and it was too hard and then she came back to it and could do it. It linked with my experiences of persevering with my last prayer shawl, and i thought the slippers were beautiful. So I bought the pattern from Ravelry and went to buy wool and ask for help from Diane at miju wools. She wasn’t there when I got there but sue s with a group of ladies at a knit and natter group. I joined them and started work on a corner to corner crochet pattern  that was shown to me by my friend Lynn who taught me to crochet. 
I used a funky wool to work on this with the idea of making a dishcloth. It’s ended up a bit wobbly, which is fine for a dishcloth! It took a bit of working out but was really easy once I got the hang of it. 

In the meantime Diane came back and showed me how to crochet round the post. This seems easy enough (though i may regret saying  that when I get to the bit of the pattern that requires it!) so I bought wool to start the project. I found some variegated wool in pretty much the same colours as craft and other crazy plans had used, which made me very excited. And I got started after crossing out all the American terms on the pattern and replacing them with the British equivalents! 

And I found a gorgeous chunky wooden button that I’m going to send to my friend along with the prayer shawl I finished the other day so she can use it to attach the scarf /shawl round her neck more easily. 

It doesn’t need a button hole,it just slots through one of the holes in the pattern. 

And then my final bit of craft for the day (or really just an update on a previous one) was framing the picture I made yesterday with a frame I found in WH Smith. I’m so pleased with it, it’s completed the picture in a way I didn’t expect.