A while back I bought a kit from oh sew bootiful. I’d seen pictures of it made up and thought it looked stunning, and then when I got the printed fabric out of the box I felt disappointed. It seemed smaller than I expected, and I just didn’t really like it.
But, today I started work on it, and funnily enough, sewing on top of the print totally transforms it 😂😂 I should have known!
It’s been relaxing and I’ve really enjoyed learning how to do the lazy daisy stitch which I’ve never done before, and improving on my satin stitch which I’ve previously struggled with.
There is padding on the back of the fabric and as I’m sewing it’s really adding depth to the illustration.
I’ve got quite a bit done and am really pleased with my progress so far.
I initially did back stitch on the flower stems but didn’t really like the look of it. I experimented with split stitch and loved the fact that it gave a much more natural look to the stems.
I wondered if I’d have to unpick all my stems and start again,but I decided to try splitting the back stitches that were already there, and that seemed to work, even though the stitches were a bit smaller than I’d have liked.
I’m loving the fact that my satin stitch is definitely improving as I work on the poppies and bees.
Hopefully I might get it finished tomorrow afternoon.