Today I was in the mood for another quick and easy project, so I got out the little felt dachshund keyring kit that I was sent in one of my stitching santa parcels.
It was easy to cut out
and then I changed the order suggested, and sewed on the eyes and ears before sewing the two body pieces together.
Then I decided to use blanket stitch to join the body pieces together, even though back stitch was suggested. I discovered the reason for their suggestion when I got to the top part where you sew the ribbon and label in! But I kept going and just brought the needle back through the label before completing the blanket stitch.
He’s meant to have a little red neckerchief but it looked like it was strangling him (I may have stuffed him a bit too full!) so I didn’t go with that idea.
He’ll be a cute keyring, or ‘dangly bag thing’ to send to someone!
Plus, while catching up on a couple of episodes of masterchef I added a few rows to my C2C blanket.