I’ve finally finished the virus shawl, but I’ve not yet taken a photo of it in its finished state.
So I got the next bag out from behind my sofa, which contained the first five and a bit parts of the spirits of life shawl that I haven’t touched for over 3 years. I was scared to get going on it because I had finished 3 squares of 4, and the last time I tried to make the fourth square it all went wrong and I found it really hard to follow the pattern. But I decided to give it a go when my mum took Mr E out for his nap one afternoon.
I’ve discovered that there are really helpful videos to go with the written instructions, and so I used those and followed step by step, checking the written pattern at the same time. This worked really well, and was surprisingly stress free.
I got the central medallion part finished that afternoon and have then worked on the last few days to complete the square (which I was pleased to note was pretty much the same size as 2 of the other squares!) and join them together and then attach them to the main shawl.
I’m so pleased to have got this done as it was such a mental block to get going with it. It’s a stunning pattern and I’m really excited about using the finished shawl when I get it done.