I got my watercolours out this afternoon having read this post on doodle wash. I started with mixing the blue into yellow but then realised that might not be the best colour for flower centres. I kept going with it though but decided to add some leaf shapes to the page as well.
Then I added water to the colours I had let dry on my palette from a previous painting season, and made the bird shapes. It was a nice way to use up left over paint.
Once both had dried I used felt pens to add the details. I had felt that the birds page looked funny in its composition but once I’d added the detail I’m more happy with it. I did get inspiration for the flowers from this page of doodle flowers.
Later I decided to turn them into cards so they’ll actually be useful!