A finished dress… And a dishcloth

Today I spent 3 hours at my sewing machine and actually finished my tunic dress that I had got stuck on before Easter. I decided that I would just do one tuck on each side and not worry about what the pattern said.

I didn’t understand the instructions about using bias binding on the neckline and arm holes, especially as you can’t see the binding on their photos of the finished dress, so I just decided to hem them normally. Unfortunately the front of the neckline is not as smooth as I’d like but overall I don’t think it matters and I’m really pleased with it.

I love how the tie means I didn’t have to worry about fitting it exactly, which also means that if I lose weight I’ll just tie it tighter and if I gain a bit then I’ve got room!!

I’m really pleased with how the fabrics worked together and can’t wait to wear it to work!

And I also finished the sunshine dishcloth to send for a swap. I love that it is so bright and cheerful.

18 thoughts on “A finished dress… And a dishcloth”

    1. Yay! Thank you. And hopefully a recommendation for the idea of just setting a short time frame to do something you’re putting off e.g”.i’ll see how much I can get done in an hour before lunch “, but then getting past the tricky bit and actually coming back to it for 2 hours after lunch too!

      Liked by 1 person

  1. very impressed. I think I should follow you see how much I can do within an hour.
    You also beat me on the dish cloth. It took me a year. Its still not been used I don’t want it ruined. Sue

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s