Woohoo! I’m so excited about this one! And i feel really proud of myself. I stumbled across a pattern for granny square gloves and fancied trying it out. But i wanted to include a hole for my thumb to go through, and not just have a long tube as the pattern showed.
I chose my colours and got started
I did a bit more another day
I really enjoyed the process of deciding on colours of rows as i got to them, and deciding if i would do one or two rows of that colour.
Yesterday i blitzed it and ended up finishing them! I did the bit for the thumb hole a couple of times as i was working it out as i went along, so had to undo it and remedy bits that weren’t working, but in the end i got it so my thumb fits comfortably and it looks pretty neat…. I’m so chuffed with myself for doing that. Not only that, i remembered what I’d done and replicated it on the other glove too!
Then i followed the pattern to add the gorgeous top age bottom edges, and was left with THIS:
An hour later, after carefully threading (and re-threading the ends i’d cut too short) each end, and finding ways to weave them in so they stay secure (a process i found unexpectedly therapeutic) i was left with this
And a lovely new pair of gloves to wear. I’m off now for an evening walk to try them out!